Jim Rohn on "What does success mean?"

From Mike Litman’s conversation with success legend Jim Rohn. This conversation can be read in it’s entirety in Mike’s #1 best-seller ‘Conversations with Millionaires’ 
 

(Mike) What does success mean to Jim Rohn?
(Jim) Well, I think the ultimate success, which I teach in my seminar, is living a good life.
Part of it is income. Part of its financial independence Part of it is objectives that you achieve, dreams coming true, family, children, grandchildren, good friends, productivity. Its a wide range.
Its all encompassing, the word “success”.
Its not just your job, your income, your fortune.   Not just your paycheck or your bank account. But everything. From all of your achievements during your life to trying your best to design a way to make it all give you a good life.
So, we’re talk about design. We’ll get to ambition.
We’re talking about goals. We’re talking about planning. You talk about something in your literature.
You mention that success doesn’t need to be pursued. It needs to be attracted.
What do you mean by that?
Thats true.
I was taught, starting at age 25. when I met a mentor of mine by the name of Mr. Schoff.
He taught me that success is something you attract by the person you become.
You’ve got to develop the skills.
He  talked  about  personal  development:  become  good communicator, learn to use your own language.
He talked about the management of time.
But  primarily   developing   yourself,   your  attitude,   your personality,   developing   your   own   character,   your   reputation. Then developing the skills. From sales skills to recruiting skills, to management skills, leadership skills, how to work with a variety of people. You know, the full list.
He taught me to work on myself, because I used to work on my job.
He said, “if you work on yourself, you can make a fortune.” That turned out to be true for me.
He turned it all around and said, “success is not something you run after, like a better job.” Although that is to be desired.
You’ve just got to ask yourself, “am I qualified for doubling, tripling, multiplying my income by three, four, five?’
If I look at myself and say, “No, not really.” Then I need to ask myself, “Who could I find? Where can I go that could pay me three, four, five times as much money?”
Then, you have to say, “at the present there probably isn’t anyone. I can’t just fall into a lucky deal.”
But, if I went to work on myself immediately Work on my attitude, personality, language, and skills. Then that begins the process of attracting the good job, the good people, and building a business or creating a career that could  turn out to make you financially independent, perhaps wealthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Technology Is Killing Eye Contact

Was Bobbi Kristina Used for Illuminati Satanic Blood Sacrifice?

Rainbow Fm apologize to the Public for bringing false report on Iyabo Obasanjo