Thursday, 23 July 2015

Nigeria: Government To Exchange Boko Haram Terrorist For Chibok Girls


The latest news coming up on the issue of the kidnapped Chibok girls is the Nigerian Government has announced her position to exchange detained suspected members of the dreaded Islamist group, Boko Haram for the Chibok Secondary School girls that were kidnapped in 2014. The statement was made by the President, Muhammadu Buhari who said "that his administration  is willing to negotiate to guarantee the release of the girls, who it is feared are being forced by the terrorists to carry out suicide bombings throughout the north-east of the country.
"I think Nigeria will make as much sacrifice as humanly possible to get the girls back. This is our main objective," Buhari was quoted by AP as saying.

The President also believe that he is confident that a regional force fighting the terrorists - comprising troops from Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon, Niger, and Benin - is ready to take on Boko Haram within 18 months. "We are going to deny [Boko Haram] recruitment. We are going to deny them free
movement across borders. We are going to deny them training. We are going to deny them receiving reinforcement in terms of equipment," said Buhari.
He made the remark when he paid a Presidential visit to the US President, Barrack Obama earlier this week.
The terrorist group is not resting on their oars as they still attacked numerous places this month.
With God on our side, we will win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment