Friday, 26 August 2016

President Rodrigo Duterte of Philippines Mandates Extremists To Be Crushed After Beheading



Abu Sayyaf, a terrorist organisation in Philippines have beheaded a kidnapped Filipino villager after a ransom deadline lapsed in their first such brutal act under President Rodrigo Duterte, who ordered troops to destroy the militants.
Military spokesman Maj. Filemon Tan said Thursday the militants killed Patrick James Aldovar on Wednesday afternoon near southern Sulu province’s Indanan town then later abandoned his head in a neighborhood.

Tan said the 18-year-old Aldovar, who was seized by the militants July 16 in Sulu’s main Jolo town, was decapitated after his family failed to pay ransom.

After learning about the beheading, Duterte grouped the militants among “the enemies of the state” he wanted dead, ordering government troops: “Drug dealers, destroy them. Abu Sayyaf, destroy them. Period.”

Thousands of reinforcement troops were being flown by C130 cargo planes to Sulu and nearby Basilan island to help in an ongoing offensive against the militants, Tan said.
The Abu Sayyaf has been blacklisted as a terrorist organization by the U.S. and the Philippines for deadly bombings, kidnappings and beheadings.


The militants are still holding several foreign and local hostages in their jungle bases, including Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad, who was kidnapped along with two Canadian men and a Filipino woman from a southern marina in September last year. The Canadians were beheaded after huge ransom demands were not met and the woman was freed before Duterte assumed the presidency on June 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment