6 Duties Of Every Citizen Of Nigeria- DO you Know them?
Ignorance of the law is no excuse and that is why Charles Dickens refer to Law as an ass.. It is for that reason that I have brought to your notice the duty you own your Fatherland.
According to Section 24 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, they are six duties aligned for every citizen and they are enumerated below...
It shall be the duty of every citizen to ---
(1) Abide by this constitution, respect its ideals and its institutions, the National Flag, the National Anthem, the National Pledge, and legitimate authorities;
(2) Help to enhance the power, prestige and good name of Nigeria, defend Nigeria and render such national service as may be required;
(3) Respect the dignity of other citizens and the rights and legitimate interests of others and live in unity and harmony and in the spirit of common brotherhood;
(4) Make positive and useful contribution to the advancement, progress and well-being of the community where he resides;
(5) Render assistance to appropriate and lawful agencies in the maintenance of law and order; and
(6) Declare his income honestly to appropriate and lawful agencies and pay his tax promptly.